Mould remediation is the process of removal and/or clean-up of mould from an indoor environment, such as a home or a business.
If a home or a business has serious mould damage, it is best to hire mould remediation/removal professionals as they have the proper equipment and methods may be required to remove the mould completely.
Please call WDR QLD on 0410 758 553 for mould remediation and removal services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Firstly, our mould removal specialist team will help to identify the severity of the mould infestation using IICRC approved specifications to ensure all possible mould affected areas are identified and any hidden growths found.
The second stage is the removal the visible mould from hard surfaces. Our treatment will remove the staining from gyprock, concrete, timbers, stonework, roofing, and brickwork. Once the visible mould has been eliminated, painting of the surfaces is usually not required unless moisture has caused peeling or flaking paint issues.
The third stage is the elimination of invisible mould spores. We do this by drying out the infested areas and remove the moisture in the air to prevent the mould from returning.
And finally, is the prevention plan. All our clients are given a tailored and easy to follow plan to keep your property mould free.
It depends on the severity of the mould infestation. But in general only 1-2 days.
Mould grows in wet or moist areas lacking adequate ventilation, including walls/ wallpaper, ceilings, bathroom tiles, carpets, concrete surface, tiles and wooden structures.
Conditions that are often causes of mould include:
Mould produces tiny particles called spores. The spores are like seeds, but they are invisible to the naked eye. They float through the air and deposit on surfaces. When areas within your home or property rises in temperature and moisture appears, the spores can form into new mould colonies where they are deposited.
Spores are carried in the air and may cause health problems if inhaled by people who are sensitive or allergic to them. These include a running or blocked nose, irritation of the eyes and skin and sometimes wheezing. Occasionally, people may have more severe reactions.
For people with asthma, inhaling mould spores may cause an asthma attack.
If you or your family members suffer health problems after coming into contact with mould, contact your doctor. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, phone 000.
We use a natural non-toxic, non-hazardous, anti-microbial chemical. We can provide the MSDS sheets for it.
Yes, we offer a 12-month guarantee, provided all measures such as exhaust fans and water leaks have been rectified.
All preventative measures will be outlined in the management plan we provide for each of our clients.
Put all food away, make sure there are no animals in the house and put all toiletries away. Move all furniture away from the infected surfaces. Cover electrical items and remove any photos/pictures that you don’t want the chemicals to come into contact with.
No, as we provide you with all the information you need to avoid your items being damaged.